I was surprised when I looked over my books read in 2007 and realized that very few of them (under 5 titles!) were published in 2007. So, of course I had another idea for a challenge. It’s called The Pub ’08 Challenge, and the objective is to read titles published in 2008. There are very few rules:
- Read a minimum of 8 books published in 2008. (Library books are acceptable!)
- No children’s/YA titles allowed, since we’re at the ‘pub.’
- At least 4 titles must be fiction.
- Crossovers with other challenges are allowed.
- Titles may be changed at any time.
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, head on over to ‘The Pub‘ to sign up. You don’t have to list your titles yet, but it would be nice if you gave a link to a post announcing the challenge. I’ll provide a Mr. Linky for your book reviews as well. Hope to see you there!
A start to my list:
- Dreamers of the Day by Mary Doria Russell
- People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks
- Sitting Practice by Caroline Adderson
- The House at Riverton by Kate Morton (previously published in the UK and Australia, but first published in the US in 2008)
- The Translator by Daoud Hari
- Winter Haven by Athol Dickson
- The Sister by Poppy Adams
- Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos
- Detective Story by Kertesz