I hadn’t intended on starting another challenge. Really! But, as I looked over my list of books that I wanted to read for the rest of 2008, I realized there were several that I had started lately (and in the past) but had never finished. So, why not make a challenge of it?
Why the name The Wind-Up Book Chronicle? Well, I looked up ‘complete’ in the thesaurus, and ‘wind-up’ was one of the synonyms, so I thought of the title as a play on the Murakami book title The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle. I don’t even know what that book is about, and I’m sure it’s not about reading challenges, but I couldn’t resist that title. Basically, the challenge is designed for us to wind-up the books we’ve begun but not completed.
After reading all that nonsense are you ready for the rules? Okay, here goes:
- To participate, you must use books that you’ve read more than 50 pages of BEFORE MAY 1 but never finished.
- The challenge will run from May 15 through November 15, 2008.
- Books can overlap with other challenges.
- Your list can be changed at any time, BUT you must use the 50 page rule to books read BEFORE May 1, 2008.
- I’d like to set a minimum of three books, but I’m going to allow even 1 or 2 because most of you probably don’t have as many started as I do. (I’m going to go for 6 because I have that many and because the challenge lasts 6 months.)
- You must sign up for this challenge by June 1, 2008. Sign up using Mr. Linky HERE — the Linky will be closed on June 1.
- Read your selections and feel great about finishing what you started!
These are the books that I’m choosing. YES! I have read more than 50 pages of each one before May 1 but have not finished them: