Went to a library sale here in Kentucky, and though I didn’t come away with much, I’m very pleased with my finds! I would have bought so much more if I had been in Iowa, but I already have too many books to bring back that I had to limit myself.
- Keepers of the House by Shirley Ann Grau — this is an older Pulitzer that I got for 10 cents!!
- Black Rain by Masuji Ibuse — 10 cents — I was already thinking of purchasing this for the Japanese challenge!
- The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers — 10 cents
- Arrowsmith by Sinclair Lewis — 25 cents — another Pulitzer winner
- The Golden Notebook by Doris Lessing — 10 cents
- The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly – $1.00
A great day, and I may go back tomorrow because they’re always putting new books out. I’m just in love with library sales and always will be…