Went to my local library sale here in Iowa last week, and though they didn’t have any books for 10 cents this time, I’m still pleased with my finds. I got the following 4 books for $3:
- Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
- What the Dead Know by Laura Lippman
- On the Road by Jack Kerouac
- The Likeness by Tana French (I got In the Woods last year at this same library sale!)
And then I went to my local Goodwill (which I LOVE) and found American Pastoral by Philip Roth (a Pulitzer winner) for only $0.60.
I went back to the Newport, Ky library sale on Saturday morning and found some more excellent books:
- Thirteen Ways of Looking at the Novel by Jane Smiley — 50 cents
- The Confessions of Nat Turner by Styron — 10 cents (Pulitzer winner)
- House Made of Dawn by Momaday — 10 cents (Pulitzer winner)
- True History of the Kelly Gang — 10 cents (Booker winner)
- Smilla’s ‘Sense of Snow — 10 cents
- Mrs. Mike by Benedict & Nancy Freedman — 10 cents
Not bad for $1.00!!
Went to a library sale here in Kentucky, and though I didn’t come away with much, I’m very pleased with my finds! I would have bought so much more if I had been in Iowa, but I already have too many books to bring back that I had to limit myself.
- Keepers of the House by Shirley Ann Grau — this is an older Pulitzer that I got for 10 cents!!
- Black Rain by Masuji Ibuse — 10 cents — I was already thinking of purchasing this for the Japanese challenge!
- The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers — 10 cents
- Arrowsmith by Sinclair Lewis — 25 cents — another Pulitzer winner
- The Golden Notebook by Doris Lessing — 10 cents
- The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly – $1.00
A great day, and I may go back tomorrow because they’re always putting new books out. I’m just in love with library sales and always will be…